Junior DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure focussed)
Based near Cardiff
£25000 - 35,000 depending on experience.
We are urgently seeking a Junior DevOps type person for a cloud consultancy near Cardiff.
We're really looking for someone with solid techie skills who they can train so if you're a recent graduate with around 1 year + commercial experience with Infrastructure and a keen interest in AWS we'd be very interested to hear from you.
When you're fully trained the role you'll be performing will include elements of the following:
(you don't need all of these skills now, an interest in moving in exactly this direction in your career is though)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Implement and control the flow of data to and from AWS
- Identify appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimate AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
- Migrate on-premises workloads to AWS
- Pro-active communication of technical problems and issues
- Approximate time spent on AWS workloads is 80%
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
The ideal candidate should have some interest in the following:
- Working in an agile environment
- Elastic Stack
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Attention to detail, drive for results, work independently
Training to develop
Following training and relevant experience will progress initially to AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional Certification.
Salary and benefits
Upper market salary, bonus and benefits. Virtual work environment with headquarters in Swansea and offices in London.
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org