Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are representing an internationally based innovator specialising in the development and supply of holographic technologies.Their holographic platform, which leverages a combination of complex materials science and proprietary algorithms, enables unparalleled performance as it relates to optimising both OEM manufacturing requirements and the end user experience.
The team is focused on improving the performance of current PGU (Picture Generation Unit) as well as developing state of the art solutions in the area of holographic projection. The successful candidate will join Core Technology team, working on developing holographic HUD technology for the automotive industry, working with experts in diverse fields to push the technology forward.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop novel holographic projection systems using an understanding of interactions between optics, electronics, software and mechanical design
- Conceive, design and build optical bench experiments to understand and optimise novel display concepts based on digital holography.
- Evaluate experimentally original components and technology for digital holographic systems.
- Use an understanding of interactions between optics, holographic algorithms, electronics, software and mechanical design to develop system optimisation and compensation concepts.
- Develop image processing and holographic algorithms for holographic projection systems
- Advance the state-of-the-art of digital holographic displays and HUDs
- Develop procedures and required S/W for testing projection system performance in laboratory
To be considered for this role, we require the following:
- MSc/PhD in Photonics, Physics, Electronic/Photonic engineering or equivalent (including fields of image/signal processing, cameras and display systems)
- MSc/PhD in other technical fields acceptable if augmented by significant hands-on experience (3+years) of R&D in photonics
- Optical systems – considerations in optical system design, optical components and specifications, interfacing optical systems with electronics/software
- Projection systems – knowledge about different projection technologies
- Image processing – understanding of basic 2D processing of images
- Cameras systems – understanding of optics and image acquisition
An advantage to have:
- Digital holography – theoretical and practical knowledge of creating 2D and 3D holographic projections and computation of digital holograms
- Spatial Light Modulators (SLM) – understanding of underlying technology and their practical use (especially LCOS)
- Laser diodes – handling, practical operation and properties of light emission
- Photonics – Fourier optics, optical coatings, metrology of optical elements
- Laser safety – considerations for eye safety in laser-based display technologies
- Automotive – requirements for automotive testing and qualification of photonic technologies
- Displays – state-of-the-art display technologies and display characteristics (especially HUD)
- MATLAB/Python– for simulations and prototyping
- C/C++/C# - on level which allows understanding and developing S/W for cameras, sensors and actuators control as well as image processing algorithms
- At least 1 year working in optical/electronic laboratory or equivalent and at least 1 year working on image/signal processing
An advantage to have:
- Work experience with OpenCV
- Experience in assembling optical setups in laboratory
- Experience in assembling electronic devices
What can we offer you?:
- A complex benefits package that includes Medical and Dental care
- Flexible, core hours-based work schedule
- 25 Days of Annual Leave Per Year + additional Holidays and Sick time
- Opportunity to advance & grow as we expand our footprint in the industry
- Work alongside subject matter experts on cutting edge technology
Get in touch:email@example.com