Senior Biomedical Scientist Team Manager (Microbiology or Blood Sciences)
Salary: Please contact us
Our client is a European leader in delivery of high-quality pathology testing and imaging services. They employ over 1,000 people across the UK and Ireland and as a group carry out over 500 million tests a year. They have close partnerships with the NHS and work across the medical field.
Their South West England Laboratory holds ISO15189 UKAS accreditation and is an HCPC approved training laboratory. They take a leading technological approach with a state-of-the-art automated track and analytical systems in Blood Science, Digital slide scanning and Cerebro Tracking system in Histology and Kiestra TLA in Microbiology.
This is a great step up for a Senior BMS into management. The post holder will be required to oversee and manage a team of Biomedical Scientists, as well as Junior and Support staff who perform analyses and processes.
Our Client’s teams are fundamental to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare and you will receive regular training and coaching to develop your skills and to support you in your working life.
In addition, to enable you to broaden your experience and increase the depth of your knowledge, thus improving your career potential, we train our scientific and support staff to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and facilitate the rotation of staff amongst key laboratory areas.
The salary is £38,890 - £44,503.
Our client is open to flexible working and also offers enhanced leave options, contributory pension scheme as well as companywide benefits which provides a great range of discounts on; travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities and day to day spending.
The successful candidate should be driven, passionate with excellent interpersonal skills who wants to develop their career further within a fast paced and people focussed organisation.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- HCPC State Registration as a Biomedical Scientist in Microbiology or a Blood Science, with continued CPD
- MSc /FIBMS (by examination) and is currently in possession of Fellowship Class of the IBMS or equivalent
- MSc/IBMS Higher Specialist Diploma or equivalent experience
- Level 3 or above Management Qualification
- High level working knowledge of Biochemistry techniques and practices at post honours degree level
- Expert interpretive and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work across 3 different sites in a 24-7 work environment
- The position is based in Taunton and you should be commutable to the lab.
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org