Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are recruiting for a leading high-tech manufacturer on the outskirts of Cambridge whose products are supplied worldwide. Due to continued success and expansion, they feel the time is right to create a role for an Engineering Manager to join their team and look after their Engineering requirements, particularly with regard to R&D. This function is currently being looked after by the Operations Manager, however due to ongoing projects, new product releases and continued growth, they need a technical expert who can look after a team of engineers (mechanical design. electrical, software etc.) throughout the whole NPD and NPI lifecycles. You will be able to support both current product development as well as R&D activities and will be confident in customer facing activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager or Senior Engineer (who is ready to take the step up into management) to join an expanding company who can offer an excellent package and career progression. Full training will be giving on company products but a background in mechanical/electronic/electrical/software design & development is essential (although this will not be a hands on design and development role). Experience within automation would be highly beneficial.
- Take ownership of the current product line and on-going product development
- Take ownership of the company’s R&D activities
- Maintain a clear vision of the R&D and Product Development functions
- Ensure project priorities are in line with goals set by the Management Team
- Ensure plans, resources and budgets are in place for all projects
- Ensure project progress is monitored and reported
- Implement and maintain new processes and procedures
- Be involved in Technical sales activities to key customers
- Write technical specifications based on discussions with customers and present to internal and external audiences
- Be ‘hands-on’ to ensure that projects progress in a timely and satisfactory manner
- BEng or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Background in mechanical/electronic/electrical/software design & development (with an appreciation/understanding of all)
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in an Engineering/R&D management/supervisory role, preferably managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Good project management skills
- Experience of product development and taking products through whole NPD lifecycle
- NPI experience
- Experience in automation desirable
- Confident in customer-facing situations and assisting sales with technical queries
- Some travel will be required, mainly in the UK and Europe but potentially world-wide.
Engineering Team Lead
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org