Senior Product Development Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Do you want to work for a rapidly growing, innovative, profitable international manufacturing company with endless ambition, in an amazing working environment, with sustainable new product development at its heart?
Our client is looking for driven individuals with a passion for design; an eye for detail, a drive to improve both themselves and their products.
They want you to be hands on and have a passion for delivering an amazing product for your self-satisfaction as well, as the companies and clients benefit.
You will be a great communicator and confident in proposing your thoughts and ideas to various parties, possessing good project management skills with the ability to pay great attention to detail with a methodical approach to project execution.
In return they offer you the platform to express yourself both creatively and technically in a unique office environment, working alongside great people in a strong and supportive team.
If you’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up, to handle a wide variety of tasks, working with a passionate, ever growing team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Work as part of the design / development team to research, develop and manage the engineering of projects form cradle to grave
- Research materials and engineering solutions
- Provide specialist support on new product developments, from initial design stages through to production
- Review new product developments and suggest improvements
- Evaluate/ create drawings/ specifications against supplier’s capabilities
- Assist in producing prototypes
- Chair and support NPD/ NPI meetings
- Resolve any process and component issues
- Deliver progress meetings on current projects to other areas of the business
- Establish quality standards for components
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Support all new products into manufacturing
- Creation of work instructions
- Oversee and perform testing of new products
- Raise engineering changes
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve any quality issues
- Liaise with customers when necessary
- Working within ISO 9001
- Participate in FMEA’s
Experience / Skills:
- Ideally educated to degree level in Product Design / Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Proven background supporting the introduction of new products from design / concept phases through to fruition
- Experience with a variety of materials and manufacturing processes (injection moulding, CNC, fabrication, die casting etc.)
- Experience with acoustics would be advantageous
- Leadership / mentoring experience would be beneficial
- Experience with best practice tool such as FMEA etc.
Key words: NPD, new product development, engineer, design, product design, industrial design, mechanical design, mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering, CAD, Solidworks, product development, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, project manager, project engineer,
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org