Data Engineer - Fully remote
Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are proud to be working with a creative and “tech for good” client in Cardiff who due to recent investment has given them the opportunity to ramp up their development roadmap. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who has a passion for all things data related. This role is fully remote, and you can be based anywhere in the UK (but must be able to work without restriction).
You’ll be joining a progressing company who are fresh out of the blocks and are already making impact. We’re looking for someone who is equally driven and wants to help contribute to something positive in the world.
They are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to lead to the design, development and management of their data lake/warehouse solutions.
The Senior Data Engineer will lead the Data Engineering effort and report directly to the Data Architect.
Technologies used (but not limited too): AWS Lambda, S3, AWS Aurora, AWS Elasticache
· Experience in ingesting data from REST API's, web scraped data sources and other file-based data sources.
· Experience in Python (Pandas) based ETL development (TDD).
· Experience in creating and managing S3 Data Lakes.
· Experience in Dimensional Data Modelling (Kimball).
· Experience in Data Warehousing best practices.
· Experience of deploying AWS Elasticache.
· Experience of securing AWS Services to attain InfoSec approval.
· Developing and following best practices relative to design, implementation, and QA control and test practice.
The company are on a quest to build a better more resilient and more human approach to living, working and everything in between. You’ll be joining a small but talented team of individuals from software developers to product owners to data scientists/mathematicians. Reporting directly to the Data Architect you will help lead and manage the Data Engineering effort.
We are looking to speak with both perm and contract candidates although at present perm candidates are preferred due to the needs of the current project roadmap.
Benefit at a glance (mostly for perm candidates):
· Fully remote / flexible working
· Brand new equipment (Mac or PC) – Whatever you fancy
· 25days annual leave + Bank Holiday
· Up to 5 Duvet days per year
For more information please call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500 or for an initial reply click APPLY now. Social Media: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-handley/
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org