DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Salary: Please contact us
Struggling to find a DevOps Engineer role with interesting challenges where you can be fully involved in multiple projects across a company? We are helping our client based in Cardiff to scale their technical team with DevOps Engineers who want to work within a collaborative team and can add value across multiple worksteams within the business.
About the company…
- Traditionally not known for their technical capabilities our client are completing multiple transformations and changes to compete within their industry.
- The technical teams keep the company at the forefront of technology and as the company scales in projects and size, they have an exciting IT department that are constantly thinking of new ways to improve their functions.
- As it stands, there are multiple migrations and transformations to take their core infrastructure away from their legacy systems and into cloud based solutions.
- You have a passion for DevOps, a love for Cloud and enjoy automating BAU tasks so that you can focus on more interesting projects.
- You have a strong background within cloud environments, you are able to work across infrastructure technologies and you have the ability to code / script at a good level.
- You have an inquisitive nature and want to constantly develop your skills.
- You believe the best way to really understand technical capabilities is to break things to build them back up, or you just like designing your own solutions.
About the role…
- You will be a key member of the infrastructure team, developing and supporting current pipelines, implementing new technologies to improve the architecture and enable a smooth migration to their new platforms.
- You want to be part of the team to create solutions rather than just working with the technology that’s in place.
- Our client want candidates who can create the infrastructure from scratch and be an integral part of the solution rather than accepting the current tech stack.
The technology / experience needed…
- A background working within cloud hosting platforms; specifically AWS
- Ability to work with IaaC / Automation tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack etc)
- Containers – Docker/Cloud Formation….
- Orchestration tools – Kubernetes/Openshift….
- Strong background across Linux OS (RedHat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc) Ability to code / script (Bash, Python, Go etc) to improve CI/CD pipelines.
Next steps… Easy, apply for the role and we’ll be in touch.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org