Senior Cloud Engineer
Salary: Inside IR35
IntaPeople are working with an FTSE100 client, who is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer with proven industry experience to join their Cardiff-based Engineering team. Their teams are collaborative and forward-thinking; the successful candidate will help shape the operations and support for critical Windows and Linux-based applications, customers, and projects, working closely with Development, QA, IT Operations, and Customer Operations teams.
You will be required to communicate and solve problems effectively, whilst handling a fast-paced working environment. This will be combined with a transition to DevOps practices agile support and deployment processes.
- Delivery of resilient application stacks via "Infrastructure as Code" and other DevOps practices
- Monitoring and on-going support of critical, high revenue business applications
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues
- Write and maintain systems/application documentation for technical and non-technical
Essential Skills and Attributes
- MUST have: AWS ecosystem (IAAS, etc) – general vs particular tools - proven experience in infrastructures as a service
- Expert level Linux & Windows knowledge (both necessary)
- MUST have: Scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Powershell, BASH) – just in general – any of the languages will be fine – the team have a lot of tasks to automate so you will be expected to be able to use the existent scripts from the team
- Very Important: Large scale monitoring and reporting (Elastic, New Relic) – any tool experience is good – you will be installing, configuring, and monitoring systems
- MUST have: Continuous Integration systems tools (Jenkins, GIT, etc) – any tool experience is good – but Jenkins is the main one used in the team.
- NICE TO HAVE: container-orchestration systems (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- BSc Engineering/Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Proven background working in a technical, IT-related position.
- Desirable – AWS / Azure Certifications
For immediate considerations, forward an up-to-date CV for an initial call back and confidential chat.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org